Tuesday, August 2, 2011

TOP PEOPLE DOING A TOP JOB

CLAIRE HENRY“A top person doing a top job”

Claire is an amazing, motivated and sincere volunteer. In her official capacity as ‘Ethembeni’s Resource Coordinator’ she does an outstanding job of getting it altogether - schedules, activities, visits, training, etc are handled timeously and her interaction with overseas and local volunteers, as well as Ethembeni Staff, is done with enthusiasm and joy.
Claire’s desire is to serve the Lord in such a way that whatever she does, shines for Jesus - CLEARLY, THE LORD SHINES THROUGH HER AT ETHEMBENI.Claire’s website scripture says it all……….

“You are the light of the world. A city on a hill that cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on a stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in Heaven.”
Matthew 5:14-16


CLAIRE’S MISSION STATEMENT
My Zulu name is Khanyisile. It means ‘One who brings light’. We are all called to be “The light of the world. A city on a hill that cannot be hidden” (Matt 5:14). Jesus also told us to “go and make disciples of all nations” (Matt 28:19). I know the call is different for different people, evangelism starts on your doorstep and there are many ways to help.
But, the way I see it, I am called to get up and go. For me, this is not a gap year project (I’m too old!). It’s a way of life. It’s not about going to a poverty stricken area for a few months and helping out to get a bit of the feel good factor. This is about seeing God’s children who are suffering, and doing everything I can to share His love with them.
I will hopefully be in South Africa for the better part of 2010 to 2013. Based in Mpophomeni Family Centre. I will want to build relationships with people who don’t believe that anyone could possibly care for them. I want to help educate people who have no hope, no dreams and no future. I want to show them how big God is. I want to see their lives transformed by His amazing grace.
My specific role is “Resources Co-ordinator”, which means I organise programmes for local and overseas volunteers; train staff, particularly those teaching the pre-school children; and make sure the Centre has all the physical resources it needs to be as effective as it can be in providing holistic care for over 70 orphans and vulnerable children.
Claire, everyone involved in Ethembeni salute you – may the Lord continue to lead, guide and direct you.
Visit Claire’s website for more details and amazing photos: www.shinethrough.me

No comments:

Post a Comment